Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Asher Jordon LeBaron

It's a boy!!! Asher Jordon LeBaron
Date: 1/19/2012
Weight: 9 lbs 11 oz
Length: 22"
Head Circumference: 40 cm
Our sweet baby boy came into our lives on National Popcorn Day :)
I had a scheduled overnight induction on Wednesday the 18th. We went in at 7:15 pm. We got all ready and hooked up to IV's and what not. Finally at 9:00 pm they inserted a pill to help thin my cervix. The waiting begins.


My contractions were pretty mild, but regular. We watched a movie "Serendipity" and then Jordon and Mama D went to sleep. I could NOT sleep. The contractions were getting more and more intense...but still manageable. At 3:00 am I felt what I thought was a kick from Asher...but then I felt a big gush of fluid. Not a kick, my water had broken!! This is when the contractions started to get a bit more painful. Okay, they became unbearable, I thought I was going to die! I don't understand how people can endure that much pain. I was only dilated to a 2, but the nurse got the anesthesiologist in there to give me the epidural after she saw how much pain I was in. I didn't know how I was going to be able to hold still. She gave me some narcotics to help out. By 4:15 am I had the epidural. Oh SWEET relief! I thought I was in heaven! So I got some shut eye. We waited and waited. By 10 am I was dilated to a 5, so we thought baby was coming soon. Then, everything slowed down for some reason. We waited all day and there wasn't much movement in the cervix. But, at 6 pm we had a miracle and I dilated all the way from a 6 to a 9 in a matter of seconds. Waited another couple of hours...nothin'. Then, by about 8:30 pm I was finally a 10!!! Time to start pushing! Wahoo :) Everyone went out of the room except Jordon and the nurse. I pushed for 2 hours, it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Baby moved from a -1 position to a +1...he needed to be at a +4 to crown. Bummer. At 11 pm they said "you need to make a decision". I just wanted this baby out of me! C-Section here we come! We told them we wanted him born today...because it's national popcorn day. So they hurried the process along. Asher came out at 11:48 pm. I could feel everything...it was so weird, but no pain. I heard this little cry, and a tear rolled down my cheek. They poked his head out to see me and the nurse said "hi mommy" like it was him. Oh man! I was so happy to finally meet this little man. His head would have never fit through my birth canal so it was a good thing we did the C-Section. He had this huge cone on the back of his head that was the shape of my cervix. It was hilarious. There was no way the rest of his head would have fit. I'm glad we made the right decision. They took Asher to the NICU because I had a fever in labor. They have to take every baby there to make sure they didn't catch an infection while I had the fever. The hospital was wonderful and I got so excited every time they would call me to go down to the NICU to feed him. He's such a bundle of joy. I love him so much. I never knew my heart could love this much.

3 comments:

  1. Ah!!!! What a darling little boy! CONGRATS!!!! Wow, sounds like a LONG LABOR! Sheesh! You're so strong! Glad everything worked out okay. I love that you wanted him to be born on National Popcorn Day, haha :) Yay Yay YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! I'm glad that everything turned out okay. I can't wait to meet the little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you recorded this Ang. Love that he was born on national popcorn day. ha ha ha ha. :) So cute! You are super mom!

    ReplyDelete